Last week I finished two projects: Emma's mysterious birthday box (I'm sure many have been puzzled thinking "what in the world is that?!") and Elanor's present. I didn't take a picture of Elanor's "pretties" box. But it looks similar to Emma's birthday box. It consists of one medium size box with three little boxes inside to hold pony tails, barrettes, bows, headbands and all of those fun things. I have gotten into barrette-making so I included homemade ones with a bunch of other little things I have found at stores.
So the birthday box idea was given to me by my sister Devon. It holds a lot of little momentos from when Emma was born, that are not as easy to put in a scrapbook, but that are still fun to show your child. In Emma's box there is: our hospital bracelets, teeny-tiny diapers so she can see how little she was, her umbilical cord (which I personally think is kind of gross, but Derek won't let me throw away), the hat she wore in the hospital, a tiny dress she wore on her first Sunday, and a mini-picture album with pictures of all of us on her real birthday. If you guys think of anything else that a child would want to see in their birthday box let me know. Here are some pictures of the box(es) and Emma having fun looking at it.
3 comments:
OK - those boxes are stinking adorable! I have been looking at every store I go to for a cool box to store Sam's stuff in. How did you make those and where did you find the boxes? Love that idea. The stuff I have to put in Sam's box is all the cards people have given us saying congrats, the banner that someone made for my baby shower, the tape measurer they used to measure his length when he was born, his oxygen pump with little mask (he needed help when he was born), the card identifying him from the little box that he slept in at the hospital, one of his newborn-size diapers, and the picture they took of him at the hospital before they came home. OK, that's my long list. But yes - I would love to know how you made that box, or at least where you found them.
Such a great and cute idea. I was quite intrigued when you mentioned a "birthday box" and now I think that is one I will have to add to my list....
What a great idea - yeah, I agree though, the umbilical cord thing is a bit gross. Good luck with bedtime - that's all sorts of fun. Okay, not really, but if you keep up sticking to your guns, she'll get it and you won't have to worry about it as much. Good luck!! :)
Post a Comment