Monday, July 7, 2008

It's a Baby!

You all guessed it...we're having another munchkin! We went to the doctor a month ago and were so excited that I was already 12 weeks along. Next month we'll find out what kind of baby we're having. We are way excited for this addition to our family and yes he/she is due on Christmas Day. Derek likes to point out that the timing couldn't be better; after finals and before January 1st (tax benefits, yes Derek is graduating in accounting in December). Emma is preparing to be helpful when the baby comes. She has begun to insist that we potty train her and she is getting very interested in babies (changing various stuffed animals diaper, feeding dolls, tucking them in). Emma also has figured out that mom is a little more emotional and tired these days. She'll get a pillow and blanket for me if I lie down on the ground while she plays with her toys. Life is good and I'm about over the nausea part- I'm told that maybe we're having a boy because I have been a lot sicker with this baby. I am already looking quite big...pictures to come.

9 comments:

Ryan and Julianne said...

YAYAY! Congratulations! Hope you get to feeling all the way better soon...

Mandy said...

yay! i'm so excited for you! congrats!!

Edwards Family said...

CONGRATS! That's so exciting! We might have our babies the exact same time. Hope you feel better, it's not fun being sick.

Samantha said...

I hope you don't actually have the baby on Christmas day, unless of course you would prefer to spend the day at the hospital. I guess a baby would be a fun Christmas present!

Kari said...

Wow!! That's way exciting. I hope you have a boy. They are loads of fun!

L'erin said...

Sheesh, i didnt even know you were pregnant until you mentioned it. You look great! I felt like a million bucks this last pregnancy, and like complete anus with the first, and i've got two boys so you never know....I dare you to wait unitl birth to find out hte gender. It drives folks crazy.

Rachel said...

I wasn't that sick (only threw up twice and just cause i gagged myself) and I am having a boy, so don't listen to those old myths.... haha:) so excited for you guys though! did you get the shower invite? can you come? it would be so fun to see you! and we NEED to do something soon... I don't know when though... when are you available?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Brooke! That's fun! A Christmas baby! I was somewhat of a Christmas baby and I was taken home from the hospital in a Christmas stocking! But anyway - hope you're feeling well, and that you have a fun, fantastic pregnancy!

Kat Curtis said...

Hooray!! Congratulations guys!! That's great news. And congratulations on being done so soon with school! We'll join you guys about a year later (in the school being done, that is). Woo hoo!