
In August we took a little trip down to Utah. We went to Provo for the day so that we could see my family briefly and so that Derek could take a test for his BYU independent study class. Then we went back up to Kaysville to Meg and JJ's. We had a great time just relaxing. We were also introduced to "Rock Band." Let's just say that we haven't ever really been in to gaming systems, but we totally want a Wii now. All of us had a lot of fun, and it was so nice to see Derek relaxed and just jamming (he'd been so stressed about his test). Emma got a kick out of the instruments too.

Rexburg Fountain Park
Emma and I went with our good friends Dayna, Sydney, Payton, Lexi, and Tori, to Rexburg for some fun in the sun. They have this awesome little free water park. I took Emma once last summer but she definitely had more fun this year since she can walk (run actually) and everything. We brought a little picnic and the kids played all afternoon.

Sydney Sue enjoying the fountains.

Emma, possibly contemplating the idea of throwing her pretzels on the ground?

Tori, Emma, Lexi, and Syd eating a little lunch.

It was so fun to watch Payton enjoy the water.

Lexi was relaxing and keeping warm.

Tori was so helpful and cute with Emma. She took her on the slides. Emma is pretty adventurous but I don't know if she would have done it without Tori.

And she's off!
Playing in the river at Freeman Park
Eliza had a great idea; let's take the girls to Freeman park to play in the very slow moving stream. Emma and Samantha had a ball. I put Emma in a swimsuit but I didn't think she'd really get in. We walked along the edge but then she got frustrated with my closeness. She let go of my hand and slipped right into the river. Emma's response was classic; she was spluttering and got out. But then she was right ready to get back in.
2 comments:
So much fun! I love summer memories.
Isn't it funny how once you play rock band you really want a Wii?? That happened to us, and everyone else I've talked to! It's so fun! Those fun water parks for kids are my favorite. That's the only thing about summer that I'm going to miss! Looked like fun!
Post a Comment