Sunday, December 28, 2008

Elisabeth-Jane Whipple..."Jane"

Before I get into the meat and potatoes of this post I will give you some much requested updates. So the child's name is "Jane" not to be confused with Jayne. She was born at 6:15 pm on the 23 of Dec. 6lbs 11 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. We slaughtered the fatted calf that night in celebration for the new arrival to our home. If you have any other further inquiries please place a comment in the appropriate location and they will be responded in the order in which they were received. All comments will be reviewed by a supervisory board prior to a formal response. This will promote total equity and political correctness to the peoples. We reserve the right to refuse any questions. Rotten tomatoes will be thrown at such rejected questions. There are no stupid questions... however, if a question is deemed stupid public humiliation will be arranged.

Emma and I shoveled the walks while mom and baby decided to stay warm inside. Hopefully we will have a future post about a igloo-snowcave-fort thingy. We have quite the pile of snow in our front yard and it would be a shame not to put it to good use. Also stay tuned for a manly update on the '59 Chevy Apache project truck. Alot of time and useless energy has been put into that ol beauty. I would like to post some a pictoral representation of her progress and beauty.


This is a photo of Jane grasping reality. It looks as though maybe she will be doing karaoke in no time. Her act will feature track 5 ("Stay'n Alive") on disc 1 of the BeeGees Greatest album along with a select few beat box/rap routines. We practiced today. In the picture below she is simply doing her warm up routine. Her microphone is still on order so she is using my pinkie as a substitute.


This is a picture of Jane the night we came home from the hospital. It was right before we watched the shaken baby video. I made the nurse cringe when I gave her the quick and dirty summary of the video... She couldn't get the pre-WWI VHS player to work so I said "do we really have to watch the movie? I already know what it is about. Pretty much it talks about how peoples kids were normal until they shook them real hard...It shows before and after pictures and footage..." I then told her that we won't shake our baby! Again don't call the social worker we are good parents.





5 comments:

Kayla said...

Derek your a dork.
haha
just kidding.(not realy)
Cute baby Jane
Congrats
-kayla
p.s.
I want to hold her next time!
I won't shake her either, I promise

Samantha said...

Derek posts sure have a different feel to them then Brookie posts, but they still make me laugh.

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

What a beautiful baby! Can I come visit you?
Melanie

Michelle said...

Congrats! Nice to have Jane while Derek has a break to help. Good luck, and hopefully we'll get to meet her sometime soon!

Edwards Family said...

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. Brooke we were in labor the same time although you beat me in having your baby by a few hours. We had our second boy on Dec. 23rd at 11:16. Isn't it fun to have a Christmas baby! Hope your recovery goes well!