Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graduation! and other things...

Goooo Derek! Yep, I've been Derek's cheerleader and he graduated (now we just have the master's and PhD left). This is Derek and Louise (his "school mom"). They helped each other a lot throughout the journey of the business program (carpooled, studied, group projects, etc).

Emma and Jane did so well through the long graduation ceremony thanks to some great Grandma's and Grandpa's who went on walks, fed bottles, and played games, and had binoculars.

Jane really did well, until the very very end. I am an open book, just look at that face.

Derek and my parents. It was nice to have our parents come support Derek. Later that night we went out to dinner with Bill, Emily, Rob, Heather, Nate, and Quinn, to celebrate.

We are involved in a program through the school district called P.A.T. (Parents As Teachers). I strongly recommend getting into it. Basically our friend Melissa comes each month and gives the girls a book each to keep and a bag of books that she switches out every month. She gives me handouts about the girls developoment and activities to do with the girls. Also, there are fun group meetings every other month where we all get together and do fun activities and sometimes eat dinner among other things. My girls love books and learning so it is way fun for us.


So we had a princess party to go to a couple weeks ago (thanks Mandy, it was so much fun!) Emma was so excited to dress up as Cinderella. I told Emma that we had to do our work before we went to the "ball" so here she is working away.

Every once in a while I have to snap a picture of Emma sleeping because it is a little miracle in and of itself. Anyone who knows Emma, knows that she go go goes until she drops.


Jane says "I'm so excited to try rice cereal; okay, i'm just excited to know there are other options besides milk!"
Yep, last week I introduced Jane to rice cereal. It went over rather well. She ate the entire bowl in one sitting. The rest of the day she just smacked her lips. It was so cute. I was so surprised because Emma was never a fan of baby food, except for bananas and pears.

Derek went to Colorado Springs on business the other week so the girls and I headed to Provo to visit my family. It was so fun to see everyone. Nothing extremely eventful, just some good times. We went to Rock Canyon Park and Emma played in the water with Uncle Justin. Emma has since informed me several times that she is going to marry Justin in the temple, which alarmed him quite a bit. We also went hiking up Rock Canyon (Emily, Emma, and I). We made it quite a ways (for a 2 year old) and surprised Craig and Eric (highschool friends) who were rock climbing. Emily did an impromptu climb. Next time i'm doing it to.

Each Memorial Day we head out to Dayton, Idaho for a little Whipple reunion. Because of various circumstances a lot of the aunts, uncles, and cousins couldn't come. But we all had a great time. There's always icecream which Emma always loves.

Kayla and baby Jane.

Emma, Grandpa Bill, and Dorothy (I think, or is it Abby?)

Emma really bonded with her cousins, especially Kayla and Emily.

This is the same day, back in Idaho Falls. Did I mention that I hate having my picture taken? Yeah, well this is the only picture of me and the girls. That's right, and I only have one other picture of Jane and I, I think. But I thought they might appreciate having a picture with their mothe some day.

Emma in the apple tree.


I love her smile!

Happy Birthday Antje Anine! I can't believe these girls are turning 3 already! Antje had a cooking party. Devon made the cutest aprons for the girls and even made one for little Janie. Emma was so excited to give Ant her gift.


3 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hooray for the graduation!
And hooray for those 2 cute girls! They are adorable.

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Do you think I could get the pattern of those aprons from your sis? They are so cute. As is the picture of you with your girls. I think you should have more taken...lots more because you're all so pretty:-)

Samantha said...

I like the Cinderella picture, very cute. Congratulations to Derek on graduating!!