Sunday, July 5, 2009
The Cat Came Back...
Okay, if you have a weak stomach then you might not want to continue reading. Basically my worst nightmare became a reality this last Thursday. But let me back up 4 months! (you'll understand the exclamation later). Our friends were moving so Derek went to help out. They asked Derek if he wouldn't mind taking their cat to the animal shelter. Derek's a nice guy, so later our friend dropped the cat off at our house. I wasn't sure where to put it so he put it in a box in our garage. Derek went to get the cat so he could take it to the animal shelter. The cat was gone and we thought "Nice, that saves us a trip." End of story...or so we thought. Fast forward a couple months. All of a sudden their was a mysterious smell and poo and pee (excuse the potty talk) in our garage. It continued to appear for weeks. Derek rented a couple different humane cat traps but that cat was too smart. It would get in, eat the chicken or tuna and get out. This continued for a while. But in the middle of May Derek went on a business trip and the girls and I went to Provo. This means that "our" cat couldn't get out of the garage. We just didn't think about it. A bit later we noticed a nasty smell. Then I walked in the garage and let's just say i'd never seen so many flies in my life. It was disgusting. We knew something was wrong. You guessed it. Derek found the dead cat on Thursday. Screaaaaam! Soooo disgusting I can't even tell you. I literally screamed when I walked outside and saw it. I didn't think Derek had already pulled it out. I told Derek that I would never bug him about changing another dirty diaper if he would clean and sanitize the garage by himself. It took him a day and a half but it happened. He is the man! I love you Derek! I apologize if this was a TMI (too much info) but I did warn you. I guess it was a blessing in disguise because now I have an immaculate garage! Sorry, but I had to tell the story. It was really disturbing and I just had to get it off my chest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, Sis, that took guts. Derek is way awesome. I hope Emma didn't find out. If she did, she'll probably tell us when you guys come down again or vice versa.
Keep smilin'.
Oh man! We've had experiences like that with our apartments. I never had to smell them or even be there. THANK HEAVENS! Bummer for the cat, but glad it's taken care of!
Oh how terrible! Thank goodness for husbands right?!
Post a Comment