Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!

Deborah and I wanted to make some cool cakes for Em's birthday so we headed out to the stores to find all of the right ingredients.

Here we are in the process of putting them together.

Janey was so jolly, probably because she wanted to show off her new tooth.

Emma requested pizza for her birthday dinner.



This is the cupcake cake!

Dylan and Amy got some pricess sunglasses that Emma is in love with.

Here is the Brazilian cake Deborah made. It was sooo good!

Deborah and Emma. Notice the awesome haviannas Emma is wearing. Deborah brought a bunch of presents for us and picked the perfect flip flops for Emma-pink with candy and cupcakes.

Emma snuggles with Dad.

"Farmer" Bill and Derek enjoying the cake and icecream.
It's my sister/sister-in-law and brother-in-law (that joke never gets old!)

Emily and Bill.

Gina and Deborah.

Gina, me, Heidi, and Nicole

Emma and I.

The happy birthday girl herself. Auntje, Devon, and Gina made this for her.

Grandma made this kitty for Emma out of a sock. Emily is amazingly creative!

Derek and Janey.

Just trying out some presents.

After everyone left Emma opened her presents from us. Deborah got her a strawberry shortcake card and a treat. Emma has been wanting the sparkly princess shoes for I don't even know how long so I we got them.


Jane got Emma a classic Dr. Suess book since she knows how much Emma loves books. All in all it was a great day. I have to include some of my favorite things about Emma...
she loves to learn and read books
she is such a cute big sister and generally means well
she comforts me when I'm sad by patting my back and saying "it's alright mom"
she is very creative
she is curious like her dad and likes to take things apart and put them back together
she is all girl and yet loves trucks and dirt
she knows that she is a child of God
she loves everyone and isn't afraid to show it
We love you little Emma Lou!

No comments: