Tuesday, August 18, 2009


I know I've been a blogging slacker but so much has been happening these days. I'll update y'all later on the newest arrival to our family, family summer vacations, Emma's birthday, etc. (really). But for now I'll just share some Emma stories. So we've always known that this girl is a tactile learner and learned about things by putting them in her mouth. We just figured that object in mouth phase would be done by 3! Nope. Emma puts the weirdest things in her mouth. Anyway, today she was playing with some random objects, a nickle and the cap to a bottle of lotion. I thought it was cute and quite creative that she could figure out something to do with them. It looked like she was personifying them and such. All of a sudden she put the nickle in the cap and put it up to her mouth. Then she got a funny look on her face. I said "Emma did you swallow that nickle?" And she had of course. Now it's not going to kill you to swallow a nickle I found out. But if it's stuck in your throat you get a trip to the ER. It actually had made it to her stomach by then so we are safe. But Emma did get some "pictures" taken which she thought was so exciting. Never a dull day with Emma! P.S. We had a good chat about not putting objects in our mouth unless they are edible. I asked Emma if she could list some things that she shouldn't eat and she said "hmm...maybe nickles."

1 comment:

Par 5 said...

I can't believe that happened! Good thing she didn't choke! But hey, look how smart she is! She caught on real quick that nickels are not for eating! :)