Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Day!

Surprisingly enough, the girls let us sleep in a little. This was the first year Emma really grasped the present aspect of Christmas.

I think Jane has a candy cane or something in her mouth. That's pretty much how the mornig went; Emma opened presents while Jane tried to eat everything.

Emma asked Santa for a pink laptop and a pink dress.
My cute, funny little Jane.

Our little Charlie Brown tree.

I got Derek this car book. Emma and I want to help Derek sand and paint his truck when it's ready.

We all got little toy cars in our stockings. Santa even left a Corvette for Grandpa Whipple (one he doesn't have yet).

Pip Squeaks!!! Are we excited or what?

Emma wanted to get Derek a truck for Christmas. I am pretty sure she meant a real truck. But I thought a little one would suffice.

Derek got a KitchenAid- his new best friend, j/k. But he is a baking machine!!! I think he's made at leat 12 loaves of bread in the last couple weeks and a gazillion rolls. I always wanted to marry a chef, and boy did I luck out. Look at him in action.
Everyone got involved in the cooking.

Emma in the pink dress.
We had a great relaxing Christmas. We wished we could've also seen all of our family and friends, but it was nice to enjoy it with our little family at home. For dinner we went to Heather and Rob's. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

2 comments:

Lis Wing said...

Hi guys! I'm so glad I checked in. It looks like you are doing great! The girls are so adorable. I love that Derek is baking. I'm ashamed to say that my Kitchen-Aid is actually dusty. Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun Christmas. Mike used to help me cok all the time. But kids and his job have kind of put a stop to that.