I just thought I'd include some funny stories. Emma is definitely keeping us busy as those of you who are experienced with 18 month old children know. Here are a few highlights:
1. Emma went swimming in my friends toilet! Yeah, she really did. I was baby sitting my friends kids one night. I heard the bathroom door close and Emma was missing; not a good sign. By the time I got in there she had her feet in the toilet already. What can I say, she really likes water!
2. Today I was again at my friends house. I figured her two year olds room was probably pretty safe so Nicole and I were just chit chatting in the living room while the kids played in Anthony's room. I went to check up on them and some how they had managed to climb on to the top bunk bead. Who would have thought they could do it themselves. Scary!!!!
3. Emma is talking like crazy. This week she has started to put words together. She can say "I see" and "I did it." Today we were playing in her room and I asked her to get a book that she'd thrown under her crib. She said "I see a book." I am so excited that she is able to verbalize more.
4. Emma loves shoes. I wonder if this could be do to the fact that each month we go into the "Shoe Carnival" store for our free shoes that we won? Anyway, it's funny to watch her race around the store like she owns the place; it's kind of like a second home (j/k). She really gets a kick out of trying on shoes and she is starting to get them on herself. Hopefully we don't spoil her too much during our year of free shoes.
5. Emma is a pretty good helper. After I fold the laundry she helps put it away. She especially enjoys putting away dad's socks (basically any and everything about dad is exciting). Oh, and the other day she spilled a little milk from her sippy cup so she found a sock on the floor and wiped it up. I'm excited that someone likes to clean.
Well, maybe I've bored you all long enough (for those who made it through this post). It's all fascinating to these first time parents. Stay posted for more crazy things that you didn't know children could get away with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks so much for a great night last night! we had so much fun seeing you guys and the food was amazing! it's our turn next, so we'll have to get together soon and play more blokkus! xo
Post a Comment