Tuesday, February 26, 2008


Okay, there is a reason I don't include many pictures of myself. Mainly because I am always blinking in them and also because I am generally the one taking the pictures. Today Emma got into a kitchen drawer and insisted that she wear an apron. Then she reached back in to get an apron for me. I have to say that I have a sweet apron on...I mean who doesn't love a reversible pink leopard skin/snake skin apron?


Yesterday Derek played with Emma in the snow. Because we've all been sick most of the winter this was only Emma's second time playing in the snow. She absolutely loves being outside and doesn't seem to care that it is freezing!!! And look at my cute Derek.


The snow in our backyard is pretty deep. We have had a TON of snow this winter in Idaho. Emma thought it was funny when Derek would throw her into the snow. She'd get stuck with snow almost up to her waist.


That is one very happy little girl!


Emma and papa.


The only way we could get Emma inside was to bribe her with hot chocolate. Candy is another one of Emma's favorite things. After we got inside Emma kept saying "boot" and even got them on herself. She also kept trying to give me her snow suit and coat hoping that maybe I would put it back on her.


It was really nice to visit Provo. I always love seeing my friends and family who I miss so much. The weather was also significantly warmer than in Idaho Falls (who would think that being 4 hours north would make it so much colder). Emma really bonded with my parents. It was so cute! She learned to say grandma and grandpa while we were in Provo. She also learned to say candy while we were there; isn't that ironic? It was so nice to see one of my best friends, Emily Inouye. We have been friends forever basically, or since I moved to Provo when I was 6.


I took Emma sledding for the first time. My nieces Brittany and Chelsey and my nephew Brock came with us.


I didn't bring Emma's snow suit so I borrowed one- it was a little big as you can tell, but it definitely worked.


We have discovered that Emma loves ice (today she even tried to get some crushed ice from the fridge by herself).


Emma got a valentine from her friend Samantha. She has loved eating the chocolate.


I am not sure what this look is.


There's Derek taking it easy.


Emma hanging out with her friend Avery. Aren't they cute?


Antje came over to play with Emma. They enjoyed playing the piano.



Okay, this is kind of weird. But while I was sick there was generally a bowl nearby in case I threw up. By the way, this bowl is clean! Emma thinks it is so funny to put bowls on her head. She gets a kick out of herself. Should I be worried that she likes to look at herself in the mirror (for example, I do her hair and she goes to the mirror to look; I put shoes on and she goes to check herself out)?

1 comment:

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Brooke! It's great to be back in touch with you. I just saw that you wrote on our blog. And, Emma is darling. How old is she? So, you were married in the summer or '04? We were married in March of '05. It looks like you're doing really well. Good to hear from you!