OUR CRAZY FEBRUARY!
Well, in case anyone is wondering why I haven't answered emails or posted anything new on the blog or returned phone calls as promptly, it's because we had the wildest February (and not in a good wild). Basically between Emma and I we've had someone sick at all times this winter, whether it was colds, flus, or croup. After my third "stomach flu" in three weeks I decided that maybe it was time to visit the doctor. And no, I am not pregnant. At first he thought I had a bladder infection. I was in so much pain I came back and they said I had a kidney infection and they put me on IV's for a couple days. Then finally my mother in law insisted that I go to the emergency room. I was throwing up everything which makes it hard to keep medicine down. Anyway, I ended up in the hospital from Wednesday to Sunday with a kidney infection and kidney stones. I kept on trying to get them to let me go home and they just kept saying "if we let you go now you'll be right back." Well, it's been pretty rough but I am finally completely better. I have a follow up appointment this week.
Wow, I have never been so grateful for good health. I have also never been so excited to do all of the ordinary things like laundry and cleaning the house. By the way, drink plenty of water or it will catch up with you one day; that was my lesson. I have to say that I have the most amazing husband, family, and friends. Derek was awesome. He totally stepped it up and was super husband and super dad. He even took Emma to class with him. My family and friends baby sat Emma a ton when Derek couldn't watch her and that was a huge blessing. My parents are awesome! They came up for five days to help us out and then after I got out of the hospital they took me to Provo so I could re-cooperate while Derek got caught up in school. That was our crazy month. I feel terrible because I got sick on Derek's birthday so it wasn't too special and I was still pretty sick for Valentine's Day. I'll have to make it up to him sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OK...that sounds horrible. I hope you're feeling completely better now!
Wow Brooke, that's insane! I couldn't imagine staying in the hospital for a couple of days...although maybe I need it so I can appreciate doing housework. :) Anyway - glad you're doing better. I can think of few other things that are worse than a sick momma!
Post a Comment