Emma got paint for Christmas and I finally worked up the courage to get it out. I just had to prepare myself for the huge mess that was inevetible. Emma is decked out in her beads; it's kind of hard to get her to take them off sometimes. She likes to make sure we know where her nose is and also where our own noses are. Nose comes out as "no."
I'm excited that Emma has enough hair to put in real pony tails! I used to put little pony tails in the back and then put a head band in the front so it looked like she had enough hair. I have fun dressing her up...maybe a little too much fun. These are some of the simple joys in a new mom's life.
Emma is showing off some of her new molars. I'm glad she got them all at once. It was a little rough, but we got it over with.
One day Derek was trying to distract Emma so he put a chair up next to the sink. "Do the dishes with mommy," he said. At first I was a little frustrated because she got totally soaked as did the surrounding area. But now we have it down to an art. I turn on the water and start filling up the sink; Emma immediately gets the nearest chair and drags it over to the sink and then I take off her shirt so it doesn't get wet. It is pretty funny to see how excited she gets about dishes. I wish I had the same enthusiasm for dishes. Derek and I have decided that we will know that we have made it past the poor college student phase when we have a dishwasher. What a luxury! For now we are having fun with water and bubbles in the sink.
1 comment:
She is such a cutie!
You are very brave with that paint! But I guess since you have taught her the art of doing dishes, she can soon clean up her own messes, right???
Well done!
Post a Comment