Monday, June 9, 2008

I made it!

Wow, the only semi-stressful event of the summer is done, and it even went quite well. I am the girls camp director in my ward and camp was last week. It was awesome; we went to Palisades Creek camp ground. It was close to the creek and to a beautiful hike. I don't think I've ever been cold for so long in my life but somehow it didn't bother me too much. The girls were awesome. We only had 4 girls (our ward is more like a branch) so we all really bonded. They were great about helping out. We'd say "who wants to cut potatoes" or "who wants to make lemonade" and they all excitedly would say "I do!" It was nuts. It was great fun and it was bitter sweet to go home. I missed Derek and Emma so much!!! It was nice to spend time with them when I got back. Life is back to normal since no one in our family is sick and we are all at home again. Life is good. I'm ready to get back into my normal routine. Not much else is going on these days. Pictures are on the way soon; really.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

fun! i want to see pictures!

Rebecca said...

Good job being a girls camp leader. When I was in YW I thought that would be a fun calling. But when I was called to be a leader in YW I couldn't go because of work. I bet the girls love you! Have you finished the Twilight series yet?