Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So it's been a while...

Yep, we are still alive. I've just been trying to enjoy the remainder of the nice weather and get some things done around the house while I still have that wonderful second trimester energy (which I don't think I ever had last pregnancy). Here are some updates on us:

Emma: I have to admit that as usual Emma is cracking us up. She can talk like a pro and basically will say anything (if she feels comfortable around you, otherwise she becomes a temporary mute while she figures you out). Here is a nice conversation we had when I picked her up after Young Women's tonight (and I'm not paraphrasing or expanding at all!)
Emma: Did you go to Young Women's?
Brooke: Yes.
Emma: Did you have fun?
Brooke: (laughing) Yes.
Usually it is reversed and I am asking Emma if she had fun at so and so's house or whatever.
Also, the other day Derek opened the car door for me and Emma said "Mom, say 'thank you daddy.'" Emma is keeping me on my toes so I'm real polite. I could go on and on about the crazy things she says but I'll just end with a classic moment in church on Sunday. Emma is always really interested in the bathroom. In the middle of sacrament meeting she announced rather loudly that she needed to potty. "I need to poo daddy." Just imagine variations of poo and potty as I lead her out of the room. Good times. Emma is a ton of fun. What more can I say?

Derek: Just started his last semester and it is going well. I am loving that he planned so well and has a really light load (that will come in handy when I am exhausted later). Sorry, I know people get tired of hearing all the bragging about the amazing husband so and so has, but I don't brag about my Derek enough so here it goes. Derek is such a hard worker. He puts everything he has into each commitment he makes. This semester he got 4 scholarships! Needless to say, I am impressed with this kid.

Brooke: I had a doctor's appointment today and everything is looking good. I can't believe I'm already 25 weeks. This pregnancy is going faster, probably because i'm not looking at the calendar every day marking off days. I really had to finally look at the calendar to remember how far I am because people would ask and I wasn't sure. I'm just enjoying this fun time I have with Emma and trying to be as ready as possible for the next munchkin. I am getting back into an exercise routine with my ward gals so that is really nice. I am actually starting to look forward to the cold weather mainly because that means baby time is coming and I have some cute fall/winter clothes to put on Emma. Simple joys.

3 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

Emma sounds like a fun little character - I wish we could meet her! And Derek too, let's be honest, since we haven't really gotten to know him. I'm glad that things seem to be going so well for you guys! Enjoy the weather!!

HunsakerMama said...

Brooke, you are the cutest ever! Thanks for posting on my blog about my sparse deodorant habits! I came to read yours to see if I could return the favor, and found out you are pregnant?! Awesome... and congrats! Now I feel bad making fun of you, so I won't. :) Be good!
-Spanjela

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

I love Emma! She's so smart and clever!