Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Can't Sleep

Alright, those who know me know that I know how to sleep, maybe a little too well. Sleeping and generally falling asleep have always come naturally I suppose. My mom tells stories of not being able to find me when I was little. Then she'd look in my crib and there I was; I'd climbed up in so I could sleep. What an angel baby, j/k. Anyways, if this post isn't making sense it is probably because it is 4:30 a.m. and I've been up for a while. Who knows why. Maybe it's time to kick the afternoon nap or something (but they are so nice and needed when I've been chasing Emma around). Well, I just have so much on my mind I guess. I think I am starting that phase of pregnancy I call "nesting." I just found myself making a list of things that I want to have done before the baby is born (I love lists). It's probably good that I start it now when I have a relative amount of energy. Last time I started on the list too late and I just couldn't get any of it done because I was exhausted. Probably enough babbling for now; Emma will probably be up in 3 hours or less and we have a fun-filled day planned including swimming and the zoo. Until the next sleepless night, good bye!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't miss those nights one bit! Don't worry. Once the baby comes, you're so tired all the time that going back to sleep is no longer a problem anymore, but I'm sure you remember that. Happy late birthday to Emma! And two girls together will be fun. Congrats!

Julianne said...

Hey! Congrats on baby GIRL! That is so exciting! That birthday party you had for Emma was so fun looking -- and good job on the cake and cupcakes! Very impressive. She is such a cute girl, she seems so happy.

Oh - and I'm so sorry you are having the sleepless nights. Those are just about the WORST, esp. when you are normally an awesome sleeper. I would wake up and start making lists, too. I finally realized that was why I was waking up, and so when I did, I would have to will myself to NOT think about anything that needed to be done. That usually helped me get back to sleep more quickly. But sometimes not, and then the rest of the night/early morning was shot. So, I'm so sorry you're in that phase! Good luck!