
I got my haircut yesterday and Derek got his cut recently too. Emma has been wanting to get hers cut and we wanted to cut it. She has pretty thin hair and we just thought a "bob" would look cute at least until it gets a little thicker. Go Derek. He did a great job cutting her hair.

Emma loved it, especially because we gave her some candy while we cut.

Here is how the hair cut turned out. Pretty cute I think. Emma is snuggling in with her favorite blanket and a Curious George book. Emma continues to make us laugh with all the funny things she says. It is really weird to hear her say things that I say. Apparently I say adorable and cute a lot. We'll be getting clothes out and Emma holds them up while saying "How cute mom. How adorable." Did I mention that she narrates me while I go to the bathroom (and most anything). It's all good until we're in a public restroom and I hear "are you pooing mom, is that tinkle, etc" (you can imagine the fun). But then the other week she narrated the person nest to us too. "Mom, is he closing the door, is she going potty?" Bless her little heart. Today Emma was sitting on our bed while Derek woke up and she said "Mom, this is my special dad, Derek." She loves him so much. We talk a lot about special things that we need to be careful with. Oh, Jen and Nate were here tonight and Emma was playing with Jen. They came up the stairs and Emma said something like "Aunt Jen is a good helper." How fun to hear the things we tell her each day come out of her mouth.

I know you all have been waiting for this picture (ha ha, j/k). It's pregnant me. Yep, I'm 32 weeks now and feeling pretty large. But I am also feeling pretty good too. I love fall this year. I'm usually not a big fan but baby is keeping me nice and warm. I think this time my legs and feet shouldn't swell up so big I have to get new shoes so that will be nice (knock on wood). But this time I have that fun siatic (spelling?) nerve thing where basically I have some interesting pains going down my legs from my bottom. It sometimes feels like I broke my tail bone or something. But still it isn't that terrible and not that big of a deal. I have been a little anxious about how I'm going to do as a mother of 2 considering Emma keeps me quite busy now. But I have found comfort knowing that if I am living right, praying, and studying my scriptures, the Lord will bless our efforts and magnify our abilities. Emma is getting excited about the baby too. The other day she said "I miss baby Jane" (we currently like that name for the baby). I asked Emma what Jane would look like and she said "a princess." It was so cute. She'll be a good big sister. We're just a little worried about them sharing the same room if you know what I mean. If you know Emma you can only imagine the fun she could have with a "baby doll" while no one is looking.

Okay, so I did this a little backwards. Here is our little "Curious George" (or Georgia as Emma called herself) who was definitely tuckered out by the end of Halloween. We had a lot of fun. My parents came up as well as Megan, Danial, and baby Auden. They went trunk-or-treating with us. Derek and I also took Emma to Snake River Landing for some trick or treating (not that she needed more candy). We just wanted to check it out. Derek was "the man in the yellow hat" and it was fun to see kids get excited to see them. Some radio station and other random people stopped them to take their picture. Emma was very excited to be "Curious Georgia." Afterewards we went to Grandma and Grandpa Whipples to say hi.

Emma and Antje. Antje loves kitty cats. She would get down on all fours to be a kitty.


Danial, Auden, and Megan. Auden was a little bear.

Auden and dad.

These are our good friends Talmage, Emma Nicole, Antony, and Jonathon. Emma loves these guys.

Curious George and the man in the yellow hat. Did I mention that Emma LOVES Curious George. We usually aren't in to buying pre-made costumes but Emma tried that one on and she was beaming. We did make Derek's costume (dyed the pants and shirt and painted the hat).

We had some really nice weather last week so we washed the car. Do you like Emma's "remember the 80's" outfit (tight leggings with high top converse shoes)? Emma is excited about anything with water.


I forgot to tell the kid taking the photo that he could zoom in a little but here is our little family. I just thought Derek and Emma looked cute and I wanted a picture since we don't have many of all of us together.
8 comments:
you are looking so cute... i am so sorry we haven't gotten together yet...we are slackers... next time we are in IF for sure... the problem is Luke and I don't go together very often... but for sure next time aight~ you are almost done with your pregnancy, glad it is going well.
Emma's haircut is way cute! You make a cute pregnant lady, I don't think I saw any pictures of you last time you pull it off well.
Those curious george costumes are so funny!!!! I LOVE THEM!
Lots of fun pix. It is great to see and read about your family! Take care. You're almost done!
I noticed your hair cuts on Sunday. Very adorable. Emma cracks me up. She is so funny! You guys know you won the costume contest at the trunk-or-treat right? They announced it in church. Way to go.
Hi Brooke and Derek! This is Nicole Boyle. First of all, Brooke, I babysat a 2yr old last week for two days and I realized it is do-able. Not always easy for sure, but do-able, you'll do great, and it sounds like Emma is ready for a little sister! Anyway, I finally folded to peer pressure and made a blog, so check it out. It is steamyandcold.blogspot.com. You can see pics of the little lad. You're in the homestretch! Hope things are well. We certainly miss Idaho!
oh my gosh!!! emma and derek's costumes!! that is the cutest thing i've ever seen.
Post a Comment