Sunday, November 9, 2008

Good Times

Well, Derek and I drove down to Kaysville on Thursday. Then Derek caught an early flight from SLC to Chicago on Friday morning. His dad bought a car back east and Derek is driving back with him (depending on if they are going to drive till midnight he may or may not be back till tomorrow). Emma and I had a nice fun weekend. Megan and Auden met us in Kaysville and we drove down to Provo. We had fun being home with the family and went shopping and to Tucanos with Amy. I got Emma a couple presents (I really want to get this Christmas shopping thing done in the next couple of weeks). Saturday night the old high school gang came over to my parents for a barbeque (thanks to Mary for being the grill master and arranging everything, calling people, etc.) It was so fun to see everybody. Emma and Emily (Will and Rachel's little girl who is about the same age) got to play for the first time. I can't believe we didn't get together before this. They had a lot of fun jumping on the couch and playing with toys. Willie and Becky came over afterwards to visit and I hadn't seen them for a while either. It was just a good trip. I was worried that Emma wouldn't sleep at all because she has a hard time when we aren't home. But she generally got a nap in the car and I even was able to transfer her to the bed so I could get a little snooze. We also discoverd that she will fall asleep to "Robin Hood" so that was also awesome. We'll be back in Provo for Thanksgiving and then who knows when we'll be back (whenever I get used to having two kids I suppose). I'll have to have Derek post all about his little adventure when he gets back.
Oh, Emma was cracking my family up. More than once they commented that "Who needs tv when we have Emma?!" She just says some funny things you'd expect a grown up to say. She did my hair and Grandma Bohon's hair. Occasionally she would say "can you hold this brush for me" or "hold this hair for a minute." Then she'd ask if someone could get her a pony tail. I'd love to see Grandma's hair in a good ol side pony tail! Too bad I didn't get pictures from the trip. But just know that it was good times for all.
Oh, I've got less than 7 weeks to go and I think it's going to fly. Next weekend is Stake Conference (and I have some practicing to do on the old violin if you know what I mean), then comes Thanksgiving, and we're already to December which equals baby time. People, any advice on things I should do to ensure that I will be as sane as possible after the munckin comes? I'm thinking that of course I want to get my shopping done real quick, make a bunch of meals to freeze, but what are things you've found to be helpful? Thanks.

1 comment:

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Bring Emma over to our house to play while you and baby take a nap...there's an idea:-)
Melanie