
We broke down and finally got a Wii with our tax refund. Emma thinks it's pretty awesome (well, we all do, and we're not generally into gaming systems). We got the Wii Fit but so far Derek has been the only one who is gung ho about it. I would like to, but by the time I have a moment to myself, all I want to do is read a book or sleep.

Jane, Jane, Jane. Where to start? Our poor little girl has had it rough from day one basically. She had a few peaceful days but the reflux has been really hard on her. She has been having a hard time eating lately. I took her into the doctor for the millionth time and she had lost a little weight which concerned him. He suggested a gastroenterologist. There aren't any pediatric gastroenterologists in Idaho Falls. The closest ones are in SL and Boise. They tried to get us an appointment at Primary Children's but they couldn't get us in till the middle of May! We were all set to go to Boise today, but Jane had other plans. She just started doing better (which happens; we'll have a really good day every once in a while). So we're going to give her a little more time before we try Boise. Jane slept for 8 hours last night which was soooo amazing! I didn't think that would happen for quite a while. So far the difference seems to be that we switched from breast milk to formula (Nutramigen...$25 for a small can, ouch!) I tried taking various things out of my diet but nothing was working so we've about made the switch over. I personally think my milk is waaaay better (at least it smells so much better than that formula!) Anyways, we are excited that Jane is showing her happy little personality more and more these days. She is smiling, cooing, and generally a little more content.

Okay, i'll admit it now. Jane is a daddy's girl! He can calm her down so easily. I think I am just so stressed out with the whole reflux deal that I am tense and she can feel it. I'm trying to relax, really.

Did I mention that Derek is the best multi-tasker in the world?

I just thought the look on Emma's face was classic, as if she wanted to say "I know Jane is crying, but I'm going to make an attempt at putting on my happy face."

Emma playing Chutes and Ladders (thanks Aunt Jen and Uncle Nate).

I know what you're thinking? Why in the world did you put Emma on the table with a bowl of flour? We did it once at a play group and it was a fairly calm affair. It started out well, but then Emma just got really into it if you know what I mean. I was trying to make dinner for some friends and I just needed to get it done. I knew the flour would entertain Emma but I didn't realize that the clean up would be so crazy. I didn't think about what happens when you put a floury child in a tub. She had so much flour paste in her hair!!! I might as well tell a few more crazy Emma stories that will make you think that your children are every so mild.
1. Emma locked me out of the car. Yeah, I got stuck really bad in some snow coming out of a parking lot. Luckily I was stuck really bad...you'll see why. I was waiting for Derek to come rescue me but Jane was screaming like crazy. So I got out of the car so I could go back to try feeding Jane a bottle. Yep, Emma pressed that special button. It gets better. I couldn't find my key so I used the spare key. I went fairly frantic thinking that I didn't even know where another key was. Luckily Derek had my key. Back to the car...I'll admit that I was yelling at Emma to press the button. She looked at me, put her little finger right next to the button, and then jumped over into my seat where she proceeded to rev the engine, blast the music, and play with the CD case that I hadn't let her play with earlier. The story ends happily where dad comes to save the day and a truck happens to come by that can tow us out (I was stuck that bad, our car wasn't going anywhere!) I am just going to say that Emma is lucky that we're her parents. I am pretty sure some other parents would've beat her. Am I right? J/K. Emma has also snuck oregano into Aunt Devon's cookie dough, hid Jane's medicine, used Jane's syringe as a "screw driver," and the list goes on. She really is a sweet little girl. She just knows how to get into mischeif. I could write more, but both girls just fell asleep and I still need to catch up on a little sleep myself.
3 comments:
Lovely flour picture! I had not heard about the locked out of car experience, and you're right, she's lucky you are her parent and not me!
Brooke-
I miss you! It sounds like you are enjoying motherhood with your sweet girls. I hope Jane's reflux gets better. It's hard to know what to do when a baby is crying or in pain. That is crazy you have to go to Boise or SLC to see a Doc. You would think there would be one in IF. I love Emma's personality she always seems like such a happy girl. So Hallie and I were trying to play Chutes and Ladders the other day and she totally couldn't just more her girl a few spaces at a time it was hilarious! We miss you guys.
Can I just say, that I am impressed that you stop blogging to go to sleep, I wish I had that kind of self control.
The stories about Emma are cute, but only cuz she's not mine, I would have been terrified that she would do something very dangerous in the car, so it really was a good thing that it was stuck! But she's adorably cute, so I geuss those times are just part of life and are fine once they're over. :)
I love my Wii, but don't have time to play it, sadly. We are canceling our gym membership and getting a Wii Fit, your hubby was one of the people that helped us make that decision. Hopefully I'll use that more than the membership. Flour stories seem to be popular the last few week, I have a couple friends with those. My step-sister's niece played with her friends and got it ALL OVER the house and carpet and themselves!
Post a Comment