Friday, April 17, 2009

Conference and Easter Weekends

We are so excited about Spring! This was taken a few days ago when it was just a little chilly, thus the long sleeves. But this weekend was absolutely beautiful! I'll upload the pictures and do a post later about our adventures.

We had a lovely Easter. The Easter bunny went healthy apparently because the only food items were gum and granola bars (the only chocolate involved were the chips in the granola bars). I can't believe there was nooooo chocolate! Emma somehow pooed through her Easter dress before I could get a picture and Jane told me that although her dress was quite cute it was slightly too puffy and distracting for naptime. So, I need to take a picture of the girls in their cute dresses sometime.

We made pork chops and mashed potatoes and lemon bars and took them over to Devon and Graham's (who had made a bunch of food as well). The kids had a little Easter egg hunt. Emma cracks us up. She found her first egg and proceeded to eat the contents before going on to the next egg. I don't think she found many eggs, but she sure enjoyed the ones she did find.

Emma, Anders, and Antje. I'm not sure why the paper roll had to be included, but it works.

Jolly Jane in all her jolliness.

Though the Easter bunny didn't bring many food goods, he did bring some movies and books.

The Easter bunny is rather silly and must have forgotten that Jane doesn't eat gum, or much of anything right now. Emma was excited about the gum and thought Jane would be too.

Emma called the Easter bunny Saturday night to let him know that she would like some "lip stick." The Easter bunny made a quick trip to the local gas station Saturday night because he's so nice and would hate to disappoint a little girl and her simple request.

It's finally warm enough to take Jane outside! We had a playdate with Eliza, Sammy, and Ben.

Emma had fun swinging.


For conference weekend we went to Provo. It was way fun. Emma wore dad's coat because she got cold while watching Grandpa Bohon barbeque the chicken. This picture is pre-almost fell off the balcony. That's right. Emma came into the house after this screaming. I guess Emma was half way over that balcony you see in the background, when dad quickly pulled her off. As if that didn't scare her enough, Uncle Justin took her back out to the balcony to show her what would happen if she had fallen (he dropped an apple off the balcony). That's my brother! It pretty much made me want to throw up when I thought about Emma falling. But, after I got over that we all had a good laugh because Emma never ceases to amaze us. Note to Emma: I know that you are fearless and that is a great quality, but please don't try and of these stunts again. We like you too much.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I like the mental picture of Justin educating poor Emma. I'm sure she'll be more careful from now on.