Sunday, December 5, 2010

catch up!

Okay, after this post I will be caught up, and things will only be slightly out of order. Obviously these pictures were from a time when it was warmer...
Here's Jane, Emma, Antje, Emma, and Antony. We love to play dress up.

In October my Grandma Walker passed away and we went down to Utah for the funeral. It was so good to see my aunts and cousins that I haven't seen in forever. I only got a couple random pictures. It was so cute to see my cousin Jonathon playing with the girls.


This picture is dedicated to Jane's Aunt MaryAnn and Aunt Amanda. The ACDC shirt won't fit Ruby for a while so Jane wore it. Yeah!

Jane's first hair cut. Go Derek! He did a great job. I am always impressed by his ability to try random new things and succeed at them.



Lookin' good Jolly Jane. Those marshmallows were rather helpful.

The finished product. So long mullet. It was fun while it lasted!

Happy Halloween! Did I mention that Emma loves Sleeping Beauty? Here are Emma and Emma all dressed up before the special Halloween storytime.

Jane and Emma Nicole were cute little bunny rabbits. Thanks for the ears Grandma Whipple!

Occasionally I try to be creative and attempt a craft with the girls. We were doing leaf rubbings. The girls love to collect things from nature.

And it happened to be the day that Emma picked out one of the sweetes outfits ever...blue and green striped tights, pink and grey skirt, pink shirt, with yellow jacket. I forget what shoes she wore, probably some sweet rain boots. That's my girl.

Hey Jane.

I don't think I've ever mentioned Emma's preschool on this blog. I feel like a terrible parent because I didn't even get pictures of her first day or anything. But here are the first ones I got. They had a leaf parade. It was so cute. They made these leaf masks and sang cute little songs while parading around the school.


Lizzy and Emma.
Emma is loving preschool. She goes to the Montessori school I taught at while I was pregnant with her. It is so fun to see her learning and having fun. In September her teachers started sending home books for her to read to us. Now she spends every day asking me how to spell various words and I love her little penmanship.

And then we got to the real Halloween. Jane wanted to wear ballet slippers with her costume. And here she is with candy in her mouth of course.

Sleeping Beauty. Is the wig sweet or what?


At the ward trunk or treat.

Jane loves Grandma Whipple.

Happy Birthday to me! It was such a nice day. Derek made an incredible steak dinner and got a nice fall festive cake.

And then the next day the cake fell. I think Emma had climbed up to get a little and the whole thing went splat. I walked into the kitchen and found this...

They hate to waste cake. Don't worry; when I got there I made sure they didn't eat off the floor.

Just a little photo shoot with Jane while Em was at school. Aren't the boots sweet.

She loves pumpkins.

My neice makes these cute barrets.

The week or two before we had Ruby Derek and I tried to do lots of "dates" with the girls. Derek and Emma went for icecream in the old truck. And Derek took Jane out for icecream on another occasion. Jane and I had a one-on-one to Great Harvest. The girls got me a pedicure and a manicure for my birthday. So Emma came with me and they painted her nails too. We had some good bonding experiences. We figured we better do that before we neglect them for a while...just kidding, sort of. No, Ruby's been a great addition to the family and I don't think the girls have gotten too neglected.

Just a cute picture of Jane wearing Emma's helmet.
And that concludes my catch up post.
Coming soon...a growing Ruby. She's already growing out of her clothes!

1 comment:

Havoc Hendricks said...

This is John Hendricks, Your kids are SO CUTE!!!!! I thought I had Derek's email but I don't?!? (what is it again?) anyway I have your blog (obviously) and our current Vegas address is: 8333 Corbett St. Las Vegas, NV 89149