Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ruby-Loryn Whipple!

Well, she is here and we are so excited! We went in a week before my due date to get induced because Margaret thought that we'd have a better chance of bypassing the traumatic meconium incidents Emma and Jane had. And it was a good thing that we went in early. Ruby still had meconium, but because she wasn't sitting in it for another week we had no complications. We are so happy that she is a healthy little girl!

Here I am with our wonderful doctor Margaret Huggins. Not my best picture, but I wanted to have a picture with Margaret.

Here's baby Ruby. The nurses seemed slightly concerned because she wouldn't cry, but she was definitely breathing so they knew she was fine. By the way, she still doesn't like to cry (knock on wood!)

Ruby's all cleaned up and just relaxing.


All snuggled in.

Aunt Devon and Ruby meet.

Ruby and I.

Derek and Ruby.


Emma loves her new little sister!

Jane does too. As a side story (and don't judge my parenting) I went out to help Derek with something in the garage for a minute today and I came back in and Jane was feeding Ruby a bottle! Aaaah! At least it was a good bottle and she actually was holding it right so Ruby didn't get air.

Our friends Peg and Larry came to visit.

Dad and the girls before church. Emma had her first primary program, which I sadly missed. I've been told that it went well though.

Ruby hiding in her daddy's suit coat.

The girls had a surprise at the hospital. They love airplanes and helicopters. Life Flight was outside and they let the girls hop in.

Jane especially loves helicopters. Did you ever meet a nearly two year old who could tell the difference between a helicopter and an airplane just by how they sound?

And then we took Ruby home. This was the best picture I could get. She was a mover in the womb and is still a little wiggler.


Peg and Larry got the girls little baby dolls that they love!



I am so grateful that my mom could come for a week. We loved having her here. Emma and Jane love her so much and are already asking about when we can go down and visit Grandma Bohon.

Emma and Ruby snuggling.

Two of mylittle girls. Notice the adorable blanket Devon made!

Ruby's first bath at home. Emma and Jane didn't enjoy baths much until they could sit up in the bath tub. But Ruby loved it. Look at how small she is compared to Derek's hand. I always forget how small newborns are.


First doctor's visit.





The girls are doing pretty well about not smothering Ruby...kind of. I definitely have to keep a very close watch. They just love her so much.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

She is definitely a Whipple baby, I can see the family resemblance. (Which of course means she's cute!)

kim and ned said...

SO CUTE! She is so tiny. I can't wait to have a little one. You got me all excited. I love the name Ruby. So cute. Congrats!

Mandy said...

Congrats! She is soooo adorable! A perfect addition to your beautiful family! Xo

Emily said...

So cute! I love their big, big eyes, and I am so glad the helicopter people were so nice to them! How fun!

Emily said...

Also, I love the name, though I also liked the first try. :)

Justin and Kristin said...

I love the 1st pic of just her and the 1st one of Ruby and Emma! I like the bottle story! How fun to get in the helicopter! Yes, she is small in that bath pic!