Emma's teachers compiled these pictures of her at school this year, so I thought I'd post them. We went on a field trip to Hoagan's farm (Emma's friend). The kids got to glean potatoes.
Lizzy, Zoe, and Emma.
I can't believe Emma is done with preschool and will be moving on to kindergarten! I can't say enough good things about Snake River Montessori School. We have loved our experience there and plan on putting Jane and Ruby in when they are old enough. I loved the school when I taught there and it has continued to improve still. Emma has always loved to learn, but she really thrived at school this year. In September they began teaching her to read and she has continued to progress quite well. We're working on her sight words right now. I love this picture because it reminds me of a story Miss Joanie told me one day. She said that Emma grabbed her hand and said "Let's go make some words together Miss Joanie." How cute is that?!
The children made leaf masks for a fall parade around the school. They sang a song that still gets stuck in our heads (the leaves are falling down, the leaves are falling down...)
Making some Halloween treats. I can't believe how little she looks...that wasn't that long ago!
Using the apple corer and slicer.
Peeling potatoes in preparation for Stone Soup.
Just making a little orange juice. The edible "works" are always a hit with the younger kids.
The kids get to invite their families to come for Stone Soup which usually comes just before Thanksgiving. I had Ruby a week before, so my mom came with Jane.
Emma got to go to Hoagan's farm again to see calves that had been born that morning!
and three corner hats for Presidents Day.
Flower arranging with Paige.
I told Emma about this work that I knew she'd love. It's called "guest and host." It is a glorified tea party. It takes the children a looong time to accomplish. They have to first iron the napkins and table cloth, set the table, prepare the herbal tea and cookies...and then they wash the dishes and the napkins and table cloth. Emma loved it!
The 100 board.
One day they got to bring a stuffed animal or doll.
2 comments:
That sound like an awesome school!
This does look like an awesome school. I bet it was a blast to work there!!
Post a Comment