Saturday, March 29, 2008

Unfinished Projects!

Alright, I have been inspired by Linda, to finish my unfinished projects, and there are many. You know how that goes, when you start something and you are very excited about it. And then the excitement fizzles out or you stop working on it for one reason or another. So I am going to try to attack one project a week (unless it is a huge project that needs extra time). Hopefully posting this will make me slightly more accountable. So here is a big list of the projects in no particular order:
  • Pajamas for Derek
  • Dress for Emma
  • Emma's "birthday box"
  • Elanor's baby present
  • Sorting and organizing the financial papers
  • Clearing out the storage room
  • Getting food storage (1 year)
  • Christmas stockings
  • Curtains for the kitchen
  • Emma's scrapbook
  • Derek's mission scrapbook
  • Brooke's scrapbook
Wow, that is a little overwhelming. But they are going to get done, one at a time. Which one should I do first? Leave a comment if you have an opinion about it (:

5 comments:

Rachel said...

well, i say get the food supply ready, it could take a few months to get a year's supply done, but plan it and get what you need... luke and i were talking today on how we think we should get more food, just incase this economy does dip into a deep recession, so we are going to start getting more than our 3 months as well.

Rachel said...

sorry we haven't called yet either... we will soon... the next few weeks are just crazy though... and we are moving soon.... and luke and i are not always in idaho falls together... hehe:)

Ryan and Julianne said...

OK, those are some hefty projects! Good luck with them. And those pictures below -- of Emma in her Easter dress, and the AWESOME truck you guys just bought -- such great pictures! Love them!

Mandy said...

definitely food storage! klayton and i have been working toward building ours up as well. things are getting so weird and crazy in the world, i think it's a good time to tackle that! i'm so jealous of your awesome sewing skills. can't wait to see your projects as they get checked off of the list!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hey Brooke,
Talk about inspiration! You're mad sewing skills leave my projects in the dust!

I love your list and can't wait to see what they all are (The "Birthday Box" is especially intriguing....)

I agree with the food storage, but you could even do that over a period of time while you focus on other projects as well. There are ideas I've gotten for others where you spend a certain amount of money on food storage / week and slowly build it up. (Like $5/week for 1 year, or $10/week for 6 months etc.) Although I have gotten our 72 hour kits prepared, I have quite a ways to go on our food storage. I'd love to hear any good ideas you find!

Good luck!