Sunday, April 6, 2008

Catching up with the Whipples


Here is Emma playing with her "pretties" (that is what my sister and I have taught our babies to call their hair accessories). One night Emma woke up and insisted on putting a pretty in her hair. In this photo I think she has 5 pretties in her hair though you can't see all of them. Oh, and she is also sporting the latest freebie shoes, we love that Shoe Carnival store.

Derek, Emma, and I like to go to a little bicycle shop in town and this time we picked up a helmet for Emma. She insisted on a pink one. Afterwards we met up with Derek's parents for lunch and we had a really hard time getting Emma to take the helmet off. She would sleep in it if I let her. Can I just say that we are soooo excited for bike weather! (which seems to be quickly approaching)

Emma has a lot of clothes, thanks to the many people that have kept her closet stocked well, but every once in a while it's fun to get a little something new. I love Target- we picked up this shirt at one of our Target adventures.

I just love the look on Emma's face. Lately she hasn't wanted her picture taken, perhaps because it means I am distracted from playing with her. But she gave me a good smile this time.

Our snow is almost completely gone and it was time to get the swing out. Now when we walk outside Emma says "swing swing" as she runs toward the tree. She loves being outside and I can tell that we are basically going to live outside once it is warm enough.

Well, I guess I should give everyone an update on Derek and I since all I ever talk or write about is Emma. Let's see...Derek just got offered an internship at the INL (Idaho National Laboratory) for the summer. It will be a good resume builder and opportunity for Derek to learn more. It is also just up the street from our house so Emma and I plan on meeting him for lunch quite often at the park across from work. Derek will also be taking two or three classes this summer. Then he has one semester till he is done with his bachelors degree in Accounting. We plan on going straight into the MBA after that. There is definitely an end in sight and we are excited!

What am I up to these days? Well, I am loving life. Emma and I go running every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We have some friends we run and exercise with. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we do pilates or some other exercise. It is basically a party every day and we're having fun. On Tuesdays Emma and I go to story time at the library. Emma and I both are in love with reading so the library is our place. We like to go to Arctic Circle for icecream or lunch and Emma enjoys playing in the play area with her friends. I have a couple book clubs I go to; it is so nice to get together with friends. The books are the excuse; mainly we just love to talk together and eat yummy food. I am the girls camp director this year so I am also busy getting ready for that. Okay, enough about me.

Derek, Emma and I just got back from Provo. On the way down we stopped in Kaysville for a little lunch and to watch part of our nephew's soccer game. It was fun to see my family and friends. Dad made an awesome breakfast before general conference today and Ceci and Brad made a delicious roast for lunch. We got spoiled and loved it. Emma had fun playing with everyone, especially our nephew Brock. It is always nice to see everyone. It was a short but sweet trip. We hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Your pictures of Emma are so cute! She's so photogenic! How are your projects going? I know just how you feel. I have about 20 on my list too.
Melanie