Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

Hope everyone had a lovely Earth Day. I have never celebrated Earth day but on Saturday we did. I told Devon it was free zoo day so we went and found out it wasn't exactly free earth day (maybe for the kids, but Emma and Antje were free anyway). So we got passes to the zoo that we're really excited about. You can go to a lot of other zoos in the U.S. (like the Hogle Zoo and such). Anders, Antje, and Emma had a lot of fun even though it was just a little chilly because of the wind. They got to make frog masks and butterflies. Emma kept trying to give her mask to various animals that probably wouldn't have appreciated it.

It is one of those rare pictures of Brooke. I generally try to stay out of pictures but an occasional one hasn't hurt me yet.

Here are the munckins on the tiger.

Emma is a climber so I had to make sure she didn't get too close to the animals.


I think Emma's favorite animals were the seals, goats, and zebras. Oh, and Emma is sporting her red sweatshirt which for some reason she has become rather attached to. She screams when we try to take it off. After we went to the zoo we walked over to the park where they were having Earth Day festivities. I picked up some brochures on recycling and such. I'm feeling green. I'll let you know if anything happens with those happy feelings. Side note: after we got home Emma put on a yellow dress over this outfit and insisted on wearing these black rain/work boots. I'll have to get a pitcture of the boots because they are hilarious- they look like the kind of boots you'd go trudging in the mud in.

Below is a picture of Antje and Emma. Sometimes Ant comes over while Devon takes the kids to story time at the library. Emma and Ant love to play with each other- when they aren't harrassing and hitting each other. On Wednesday Emma got her first hair cut. The mullet was getting out of control and now she has a cute bob (though this picture doesn't do it justice). I'll have to get a better picture. Thanks Eliza, for cutting the mullet off. Oreos work very well to keep little children still! Oh, and don't worry; Derek and I did make it to second chance prom after stake conference. Good times, ask me about it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What fun! We love the zoo. Happy Earth Day to you, too.

Mandy said...

cute! love emma's haircut! how was the prom? i want to see pictures!! be sure to give us all of your green tips! can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks for avery's party!!

Kat Curtis said...

A zoo - what would that be like? There are no zoos in Lubbock - too bad. So how was your prom? You need to post pictures if you have any. I actually started recycling recently, and it has greatly reduced the number of times I have to take the trash out. Woo hoo!! :) Emma's haircut is great!