Sunday, May 4, 2008

Missing in Action

I thought I ought to include an explanation of why Emma and I have been missing in action from blogging and other activities (like the running group). I have been pretty sick to my stomach (no I am not pregnant) and Emma has an ear infection and croup. Does anyone have ideas on how to prevent croup because this is Emma's third time this year!!! It is getting out of control. I feel like we are pretty clean and sanitary but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. Well, hopefully we'll be out and about more soon. See you or talk to you later.

7 comments:

Kayla said...

Well, I think maybe if she got some fresh air in Teton valley she would be just fine. haha just kidding. but you guys should come visit some time soon, its warm and we could have like a BBQ or something!
Love ya
Kayla

allegra said...

i hate it when you're sick and the baby is sick, it's the pits! k, i totally remember you!! thanks for saying hello. small world. you're in idaho? what part? we used to live in meridian b/4 moving to boston. i kinda miss it. anyway, i'm glad you said hello so that i could take a peep at your cute blog and oh my heck emma is adorable. its funny... she looks just like you?!! and crazy that you have a two year old.. you don't look old enough. what a cute mom you are.

xoxo allegra

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hey Brooke,
It was nice to see you and Emma in real life yesterday, but sad to see Emma sick. I hope she is feeling better soon. I don't know much about croup, but I'd just say plenty of fluids and rest....and an apple a day, of course.
:)

Hillman Family said...

Hey Brooke, We missed you today. Sorry to hear about you and Emma not feeling well. I also have been sick to my stomach (not pregnant either!)I know practically nothing about croup, but I am sure that you guys aren't doing anything wrong. Some kids just get it! Maybe now that we finally have warm weather Emma will feel better. Hope to see you soon. Call if you need anything.
Dayna

Amy said...

Sorry your sick, sweeties. I haven't had much experience with croup, either, but i'm sure good doses of vitamin C to boost the immune system will help regardless of the sickness. Maybe slipping a little echinacea into her food will help, too. :) Good Luck!

Robert Sullivan said...

I'm sorry you haven't felt well! That always makes life extra hard! Let me know if you need anything. If you're feeling up to it, tomorrow (Thursday) at 11am some of the ward moms are getting together at the Johnson's house for a potluck lunch. Call me if you're interested and I'll give you Misty's number!

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

My kids got croup alot too. It was allergies and a little bit of asthma. She needs something to help open her breathing passages like albuteral...I'd ask a doctor:-)
Melanie