Thursday, July 31, 2008

Emma

Emma loves bikes and helmets. She'll wear a helmet for any occasion. She took this one from one of her friends. But she has a sweet pink one. She definitely is daddy's little girl and gets what she wants. Derek wanted to get a neutral colored helmet but Emma convinced him to get pink. It cracks me up.

They have this new fun park in town. Emma loves the swings.




They have musical instruments too.

One of the great joys of having a little girl, is dressing her up. Sometimes I have too much fun. On Sunday I had some fun with her hair. I love that it is long enough to do cute pony tails. Surprisingly this hair do lasted all day (except for the ribbons which came out at nap time).

After church all of the kids always head to bishop's office for candy. Emma figured that out recently. She loves sugar.

Emma's still thrilled about the lollipop. Notice the holly hocks (spelling) that Derek had to tie back because they were falling over.

Life is never dull with Emma around. She is constantly making us laugh with all of the things she says. Here is a conversation I had with Emma yesterday.
Emma: My belly button is broken. My belly button popped.
Mom: That must have hurt.
Emma: No...can I have a band-aid.
I love this little girl. She cracks me up everyday. Last night we were having a hard time getting her to bed. I opened her door and asked her what she needed. She stopped crying and said "help missionaries." Derek had gone out with the missionaries that evening so I figured that's where she got the idea. She loves the missionaries. She points them out everywhere, whether they're missionaries or not. Example, the Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door the other day. As they were leaving Emma pointed at them and said "missionaries." As I think about it, they are missionaries for their church.
Well, I hope you had a little laugh.






6 comments:

Kayla said...

haha, well what time?? it would sure be fun becuase I miss my favorite cousin =D if she still remembers me anyways haha...
wow two years old! that is crazy. I remember when she was a wee little one... haha and I stayed at your house, oh good times, me and her where like peanut butter and jelly. haha
call us, cause I for sure want to see you guys sometime soon!
maybe you could even come up to our house sometime..
haha anyways I am just talking about nothing, I should probably go to bed
talk to you later
-Kayla =]

Samantha said...

I can't believe how big Emma is. She's a doll. I can't wait until Ella has enough hair to do in ponytails.

Kat Curtis said...

How funny! I can't believe Emma talks! I feel like I live in a time warp where my kids grow up and everyone else's just stay the same age, so Emma is still little Emma to me. She's a crack up! I hope you get feeling better before your trek! :)

Alicia said...

Hello! This is Josh and Alicia Wood. We found your blog from Ryan and Julianne Weaver's. It looks like you guys are doing well, which is good to see. We are doing well, also. We are living in Omaha, Nebraska while I attend Creighton Medical School. Our blog address is thewoodchronicles.blogspot.com. Check it out. Also, my email is joshuawood@creighton.edu. I hope to hear from you soon!

Michelle said...

Emma's getting so big so fast! Looks like your summer has been fun. How are you feeling?

Julianne said...

She is a dollie!

Congrats on the job at INL! And getting the rest of schooling paid for -- how wonderful!

And you're at 19 weeks...whoohoo, almost halfway there! I hope you get un-sick soon. How has it been to have a toddler and be pregnant at the same time? I'm totally terrified of that day for myself...