Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update on Whipples

Let's see. What have we been up to? Derek accepted a job offer at the INL which is so great. We are excited that he will have a real job. They are going to pay for his MBA and CPA which is a huge blessing. We are really proud of how hard Derek has worked. He is basically amazing! Last week Derek went to Ohio to give a presentation at corporate. It went well but he came back very exhuasted. It's not abnormal for me to take a huge nap, but for Derek to take a 3 hour nap on Saturday; that's unheard of.
I am feeling pretty good. I did pick up some anti-nausea medicine today. I have been sucking it up for a while because I figured this morning sickness would end soon. Okay, I'm at 19 weeks and it is still going. Also, Derek and I are going on a pioneer trek to Martin's Cove next week and the last thing I want is to be super sick while I'm walking and walking and walking. But life really is good. I love being a mom and a wife. I'm trying to improve my domestic skills as usual. It's good times here.

2 comments:

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Congrats on Derek's job! That's so great and it must be such a nice relief! Emma's pictures are so cute. She's very pretty in her cute hair-do.
Melanie

Kat Curtis said...

Congratulations!!! Employment, what is that?! That's great that they'll pay for the CPA and his MBA as well - way to work hard!