Monday, August 11, 2008
Wheeee Doggy! We're back!
Try to imagine Derek saying "Wheee doggy!" with a cowboy hat on. That was his phrase while we went on a pioneer trek with our stake last week. We almost didn't go because I am pregnant. But we felt like we needed to go so off to Wyoming we went. We got to be a Ma and Pa and wow was it interesting! We rode on a bus for 9 hours or so to Wyoming. The next day we hiked 10 miles with our hand cart. Derek was hilarious; he wouldn't let me do anything at all. I kept trying to help pull or push but Derek always caught me. There was only one point where I helped. At one of the hardest points in the journey the men were "called off" to the Mormon Battalion. I helped push the hand cart up a sandy hill. It was really an awesome experience. Ask me about it and i'll tell you why. The second day we hiked 6 miles. We went to Martin's Cove and to Independence Rock. I wanted the full pioneer experience so I climbed to the top of Independence Rock and everything. The last day we drove back home. We got back Thursday evening. We missed Emma so much, but she was in Utah with my family and we couldn't leave till the next morning to get her. Emma did really well with my sister and her family. She wouldn't let go of me when I picked her up on Friday and she couldn't stop saying "daddy daddy" when we got home to see Derek on Saturday. This morning when I went to get her from bed she said "I missed you." I think she's afraid we're going to leave her again. I'll post some pictures from the trek when we get them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment