Monday, October 13, 2008

Whipple Update

Life is good here. I am getting huger by the day. I'll post a picture soon, really. My friend took one of me (did I mention that I hate pictures of myself, I probably need to get over that). Anyway, I am also starting to notice that my body temperature is definitely not the same as everyone elses. For example, I went to take dinner to Derek at school last week. I was wearing a short sleeved shirt and had the AC going in the car. Derek was wearing a coat. Yeah, I am trying to make sure that I bundle Emma up more than myself. Speaking of which, yeah, it snowed yesterday. Emma was quite thrilled. As we were walking to the car on the way to church I had to pretend I was two and that I hadn't seen snow in a while. Emma just wanted to walk in the snow and touch it and take her time embracing winter. She would look at the window and say "hello winter!"

Saturday was what Emma calls a "daddy day." In the last few months, that often means that mom is exhausted and needs a nap at a time that is not Emma's traditional naptime. I took a nice nap and Derek took Emma to get a cowgirl hat. Derek has a cowboy hat that Emma loves and we thought that she needed her own hat. Emma chose a pink one of course. She loves it; she even wore it with her tutu and danced around the house.

On Saturday we also went to our niece, Eva's, baptism. She is such a sweet girl and we are very excited for her. After the baptism we went to Emily and Quinn's for a luncheon. Emma had a blast with her cousins. Any time Derek's family gets together it is quite exciting (with nine kids who also have a bunch of kids too you can imagine what happens). At one point Kayla carried Emma downstairs from Katie and Eva's room; apparently Emma had gotten stuck in a doll house. She didn't realize that it was for dolls, not her. At another classic moment I saw Emma flying onto the couch screaming (with joy). Never a dull moment. Our families get a hoot out of Emma. She definitely entertains all of us.

It's 10 at night and Derek is still at school, bless his heart. He is working hard as usual, yet still somehow able to clean the bathroom for me occasionally and hang out with Emma too. So Derek likes concrete things like math, thus he is going to be an accountant. I am more into literature and history and such. So I love the times when Derek tries to explain some accounting concept to me so that he can bounce ideas off of me for a paper or whatever. I try really hard to understand, but generally I have no idea what he is saying. It all seems so complicated and abstract to me. Anyway, I think it is so cute when he explains mathematical things to me. He must think I'm smarter than I am, which makes me feel good. Well, at this point I am rambling so I guess it's time to end this post. Till next time.

4 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

You're good to listen to Derek with his accounting stuff. Jeremy likes to explain his new ideas about investing to me, and that's usually a sure cure for my insomnia. :) Oh well, at least we try (though it sounds like you're doing a much better job than me)!

By the way, you've been tagged. Scroll down forever on my blog, and check out the rules if you want to play. If not, no big deal, but I'd love to see what you have to say!

Amy said...

It is great that you listen to your husband! Even when we don't know what on earth they are talking about- it is still nice to spend time together. And it strokes their ego- which is something ALL men love!

Have fun and get some rest. More Daddy days! :o)

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

You are such a cute lady! You shouldn't be shy of cameras...even pregnant you're beautiful which says a lot because not everyone is.
Melanie

Ryan and Julianne said...

Holy schnikes! I am SOOO behind on your bloggie! But I love love all the new pictures you've put up! And yes, you must put a picture of your pregnant self up! OK, you don't actually have to.

We're so excited for you -- you're so close! It's another girl, right?

Oh - and I can't believe it already snowed there! BAA!