Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pirate Night and Bubble Blowing

One of our friend's told us that the Shelley Library was having a Pirate Night (and they were giving away free books which is a bonus). So Derek, Emma, and I went. It was way fun...Emma made this cute pirate hat and had her picture taken with a pirate. They gave us a pop up book and another cute picture book.

Nothing says pirate like a red gatorade mustache!

We've had some nice weather so Emma has been able to ride bikes outside and blow bubbles. She always wants to blow bubbles every time she finds the bubble container.

Life is good. The count down is on. 5 weeks! till baby time. I feel pretty energetic all things considered. I have exercised more this pregnancy so maybe that has something to do with it.
So Emma and I went Christmas shopping for Derek on Monday. I totally forgot she can talk...let me explain. That night Emma was having a hard time getting to sleep. Derek was snuggling with her on the couch while I tried to fall asleep in bed. Emma was talking away and then I heard her say "Dad, we got you a game today." Then Derek said "Oh, yeah. What game?" At least Emma didn't know what the name of the game was, and it was a good thing I didn't get the other things I almost got. Then he might know it all. Anyway, we had a good laugh about it. Derek is down to three more weeks of class!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I'll have to remember that little tongues are loose once Ella starts talking.

Kayla said...

Emma is just so cute! i talked to her and derek last night on gmail video chat while you were getting a movie and she was just so funny. she was so supprised she could see herself on the screen then she could look at me.. haha it was funny :)
anyways can't wait until your other baby is here!
I will have two cute cousins!
i might be staying in Idaho while my family leaves, but I can't make up my mind. what do you think I should do?
your awesome!
xoxo
Love
kayla