Sunday, December 7, 2008

Update on Whipples

I completely neglected to take pictures of Thanksgiving, but don't worry. I got pictures of Emma painting Derek's toenails. She is so skilled. I'm impressed that Derek let her do it (and that I am able to blog it too). Look at the joy in Emma's happy little demeanor as she bonds with her dad.

And she is so focused. Very beautiful!

Emma wanted to listen to her music so Derek gave her the iPod. That entertained her for quite a while.

Okay, so Thanksgiving was great. We went down to Provo for a quick trip. Everyone was home except Trav and Ceci. It was great and I even got two sweet naps in! Thank you Derek. We rushed home so that we could see MaryAnn and Chris and were surprised that Amanda came home for Thanksgiving. What a good surprise.
Things are going well here at the Whipple house. I am nesting like there's no tomorrow. I am interested to hear any of your crazy nesting stories. Poor Derek has gotten dragged into it as well, but I like to think he is enjoying it. He only has a week or so left of school and so this weekend he helped a ton to get a lot of clutter out of the house. Don't ask why I feel that my house must be perfectly decluttered and spotless in order to be ready for my baby. I just feel so much better in a clean happy house. I feel like I can conquer the world (or have a baby) if it's clean. We also got our tree up which I love. I love this season! As I put up the wreath yesterday I reminded Derek that it will probably be up till April if things go as usual. Anyway, we got a real tree this year which is fun. I don't remember the last time I had a real tree for Christmas. Emma hasn't unwrapped any of the presents yet either which is amazing. Oh, and if our baby isn't here by December 23rd we're getting induced that morning! Wahoo, that way I know my doctor will be there to deliver her and we can be home for Christmas. That's all for now.




5 comments:

Julianne said...

Woohoo, the baby is almost here!! I hope she comes sooner rather than later, but having a deadline of the 23rd makes these last few weeks easier, eh?

Emma is so cute. That is so funny that she painted Derek's toes. I'm sure Ryan is thrilled for that moment to come someday.

Rebecca said...

How cute! I think it is so amazing what fathers will do for their daughters. That picture is priceless!

Kat Curtis said...

Wow!! Happy nesting to you! That's so funny. I tried to make myself nest with Ben to try to prod him along sooner -- it didn't work out very well. :P I love the toenail painting picture - what a great dad. Happy one week left of school too -- good luck with everything!

Edwards Family said...

Wow, we are going to have our babies about the same time. Remind me your due date, mine is Dec. 22. Do we have the same due date since you are being induced on the 23rd, that would be crazy. I'm excited to see pics of your new baby girl. I am also going crazy with organizing and getting all the things that the baby needs and am starting to feel anxious because I feel that there is a ton to do still, although I've done so much. Good luck with it! I thought that Emma painting her dad's toes is actually really cute!

Samantha said...

Good luck with your last few weeks. Hopefully the baby will come before Christmas!