Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not Quite Yet

Nope, we don't have a new baby yet but I think I'm almost as ready as I can be. I have decluttered and organized until Derek hardly knows where anything is and I have everything we need. We bought a ton of easy frozen meals, I stocked up on diapers and what not.
What cracks me up is that we have had only one name that we really like (Elisabeth Jayne) and suddenly we have a bunch more names that we like. That was what happened with Emma. Emma was going to be Elisabeth Grace until we were at the hospital and suddenly couldn't decide on a name. I guess we'll see what this little one looks like before we name her. Last night was really the first night that I felt really really uncomfortable as I tried to fall asleep. With Emma I felt that every night for at least the last month, so I am feeling very blessed. Yep, not much is happening besides baby thoughts constantly. I did have a realization last night that my constant one on one time with Emma is almost up. So I decided to try to wake up when Derek wakes up (6 or so) so that I could get my cleaning and junk done before Em got up. Then I could be a better mom and focus on her more. Yeah, I was exhausted by 10:30 but we made it. It took a lot of tears and what not, but she did take a little nap and I got a rest too. I have to thank Derek for saving me so much by letting me get in lots of naps while he bonds with Emma. He is such a good dad. They have a lot of fun together. This last weekend they went out on the town while I slept. We found one of my old watches and Derek took Emma to the jewelers to get it sized for her and to put in a new battery. Emma was fascinated with it all and told me all about their day. She loves that Derek. The other day she made me laugh when she told me that "he's my favorite little guy!" Where does she get this? Alright, I've gabbed long enough and I probably better get to bed because 6 is going to come real quick.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Wow, you are superwoman. You sound like a cleaning whirlwind -- and you're 9 months pregnant! I was just thinking of you this morning, wondering if Baby Whipple is there yet. I can't wait for you guys!

PS, I really like the name Elisabeth.

Michelle said...

6am, huh? I never could do that while I was pregnant. I needed my sleep too much. But I know what you mean about realizing that your one child time is almost over. I went through that with Carson before Nattie was born. But now they're in the other room playing together, so that helps to make up for the lost Mom time that carson gets. Merry Christmas! And good luck with the baby coming very soon.